WAYS GRANNY FLATS CAN BENEFIT YOU THE MOST
Delivering Quality Beautiful Granny Flats
Our Granny Flats are custom designed to eﬀectively utilise your property. When it comes to Granny Flats its simply not a “one size ﬁts all” We custom build Granny Flats that compliment your block and ﬂow seamlessly with the site to maximise both space, functionality and privacy.See Our Work
Typically positioned on the grounds of a single-family home, a granny flat is a self-contained living area, designed for one or two persons. A granny flat a property that is detachable, or that it is able to be attached to the other house. Since it is a popular approach for families to support their aging parents, hence the name of granny flats. The reason it is occasionally called a granny flat is as a result of the well-known way for families to support for aging parents. Nannies or young-adult people of the family can also use such living areas
Granny flats are ideal for multiple purposes such as:
- Looking after the family– your family circumstances have altered. An elderly, infirm or disabled family member requires your close care and attention. You would like an instant solution, custom constructed on your doorstep to fulfill their particular flexibility and other needs.
- Accommodating home-working people — If you prefer to work from your home, you can have an independent space of dedicated workspace using a granny flat as a property office.
- Dealing with raucous teenagers – The kids are bigger, noisier and mostly look for the company of their friends. They like their own space and so do you. A granny flat can be transformed into a games room or teenage retreat.
- Providing financial investment opportunities–granny flats can help enhance the property value in the future or gain you a rental income
“Secondary dwellings: is how granny flats often being referred to. Basically, this may be correct. However, when it comes to asking for approval for a granny flat, your local council has a better understanding to define the term. Moreover, things are not as complex as you might picture. Different localities may have slightly different regulations, but each of them follow these basic guidelines which are: a second dwelling is defined as a dwelling which becomes the main home’s addition, meaning that you are not permitted to build a granny flat on abandoned land or on a residential property used mainly for commercial purposes; a granny flat must be “self-contained.”, meaning that it should have an independent entry and provide an independent toilet, bathing, sleeping, cooking, and living facilities. The following are several regulations regarding granny flat construction
- Granny flats can exclusively be on the property within just the Residential Zone
- One investment property is only permitted to have one granny flat
- Constructing a granny flat commands at the very least 450m2 (for the block)
- Anyone who is the owner of the granny flats must also own the main dwelling
- The granny flat is not permitted to occupy an income space more than 60m2. However, it is permitted to attach patios, verandas or carports
- Granny flats are restricted to be constructed on a strata title, the title property of subdivided or community
- Granny flats must be constructed on an occupied land and cannot stand on a residential property utilized for business purposes
- Granny flats are fine to be attached with the primary dwelling or can be free standing
- Granny flats must provide a definite, individual and clear access for pedestrians
Find a granny flat builder that offers you their knowledge and expertise like A1 Granny Flats. With our unique construction methods and priceless attention to detail, we have become Australia’s most reputable granny ﬂat construction company. Contact us now.
For a perfectly designed granny flat, seek out recommendations, referrals and customer reviews for selecting the absolute most trustworthy people available in the market. You ought to appoint reliable professionals like a group of granny flat builders at A1 Granny Flats who specialises within the industry of granny flat building.