7 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Granny Flat Builder
Delivering Quality Beautiful Granny Flats
Our Granny Flats are custom designed to eﬀectively utilise your property. When it comes to Granny Flats its simply not a “one size ﬁts all” We custom build Granny Flats that compliment your block and ﬂow seamlessly with the site to maximise both space, functionality and privacy.See Our Work
The time has come and you are looking for a builder in Sydney. There are many builder services who offer these services in Sydney but you shouldn’t rely on all of them. Choosing a builder can be a tricky task with serious consequences. As A1 Granny Flat builders, we want you to make the correct choice and that is why we will list 7 mistakes that you should avoid when choosing a builder in Sydney.
- Choosing the wrong type of builder is one of the common mistakes. If you are simply converting your existing shed or garage into a granny flat, you should be looking for a service like we offer. Many other builders only deal with building new granny flats. We, on the other hand, do both.
- Some services will be providing quotes without complete information. They won’t be a 100% transparent which is an indication of hidden costs. Having a detailed plan of your project on the quote doesn’t mean it is a transparent one. When choosing a granny flat builder, always ask for a comprehensive quote that covers everything from top to bottom.
- Cheapest is not necessarily the best. It is in human nature to opt for the cheaper options. However, in case of getting a granny flat built, you cannot possibly compromise from any quality. Cheap services will often use low-quality materials that are not as durable. Do your market research and aim for a service that fits your budget. A1 Granny Flats offer top-notch services at very competitive rates. Contact us today to get a transparent quote.
- Get yourself familiar with certain terms to better understand the quotes and plans. If you do not have any knowledge about granny flat terms, you will have a difficult time in determining what is being offered and what your options are. This way your potential builder will realize that you are fairly informed about granny flats and will only offer you beneficial options.
- Make sure your builder is experienced in all types of granny flat solutions. In terms of construction even more than elsewhere, the experience, seniority and “know-how” of the professional, who will accompany you in your project, are criteria on which it is not possible to compromise.
- Skipping reviews of the builder service is a huge mistake. The experience and reliability of the individual granny flat builder must still be looked at but the best way to find a good builder is still word of mouth. If a builder is reliable and competent, they will have a good reputation.
- Not knowing who is actually building your granny flat is another mistake that must be avoided. The team that you initially had contact with might not be the ones actually building the granny flat. They might have simply provided you with a quote and hired a sub-contractor builder for the job. To avoid such situation, make sure you got the contacts of whomever it is that does the physical work. This should be outlined in your contract as well.
Why choose A1 Granny Flats as your builder?
We aim to be a corporate company that focuses on customer satisfaction without being profit-oriented. By always bringing the newest and the best, we set our standards very high in terms of success.
Using technological and innovative solutions in every sector in which we operate, we provide our customers with optimum quality and service with maximum quality and benefit.